Tuesday, September 29, 2020

The Lion King 1994. vs. 2019

 The Lion King (1994)- 

Genre- the genre for this film is an animated musical drama film. These sources will help me gain more insight to the movie, and musicals in general to help me understand how this movie fits into the genre as well as what kind of impact musicals have on the audience. 


Social History-  This film was generated in the 90’s when religion was a big topic in society along with many other things. These websites will give me insight to the biblical influence that was portrayed in the film. 

Look into Disney’s apparatus using this link- I found this article while searching for my other sources and I think it  could help me develop an apparatus link between the two films


The Lion King (2019)-

Genre- this film is a musical drama as well, so these sources will help me find the differences between the two films. As well as give me insight to more of the film itself.

Social History- this film began in 2016 during the presidential race, and then continued till it's release in 2019. So these sources will help me discover the influence the social history had on the film and the actors while filming. 

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/2332649219885978

No comments:

Post a Comment