Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Thesis for Mulan movie 1988 - 2020 - Brock Weaver

 My thesis statement is going to be about how the Chinese culture is portrayed a little different in the 1998 Mulan film to the 2020 version of the Mulan movie. Each one goes into different styles of the Chinese culture and also how it is shown in the movie. I am also gonna talk about how each movie shows a similar theme of gender equality and how a women can do the same types of things that men do. And for this I wanted to look at the difference in gender equality during the 1998 film to the 2020 version of the film and see how gender equality has changed through this time.

4 comments:

  1. I love the part about comparing the differences in Chinese culture, I definitely noticed some when I watched the two movies and I think it's a unique take on the assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think if you talk about the Chinese culture and gender equality on how it has changed in the two movies. These topics would be great with comparing these two movies between the time gaps of when they came out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the angle of Chinese culture. I think it would help to understand America/Disney's view and relationship with the Chinese market, because that has the potential to explain why one might be more or less accurate than the other. You should also look into how much America was open to the "East" and general acceptance of other cultures. It would be very good to do a lot of research on how accurate the portrayals were.

    ReplyDelete